Wednesday, June 3, 2009

+15

So according to my scale, I now weigh 170lbs. Which is 15lbs more than what I weighed a week before winter break. Looking back at my logs from the Core days, looks like I was pretty lean, and somewhat in-shape. I went from 165lb to 159lb in about a week then gained some weight/muscle and went up to a nice, healthy 163lb benching; 4-sets/10-reps @ 135lbs.

I benched the other day at Body Chemistry in Norwood. 2-sets/10-reps @ 95lb, then 3rd-set, I was only able to do 8-reps @ 115lb... how sad haha.

I'm slowly, but surely changing my eating habits as well. I still don't eat breakfast, which is not good, but for lunch I generally eat healthy- grilled chicken salad, grilled chicken sandwich, or just a protein bar- while drinking 16oz protein shake about 4-5 times a day. It's definitely vomit inducing, but I try so hard to keep it down... just because I hate wasting money, and throwing up would be wasting good protein, which is a waste of money.

Some people have told me lifting is a waste of time and money, but I don't know... I think I've been a lot more sluggish since I've stopped working out. I remember I used to work out Mon, Wed, Friday and go to school full time, work 35hours a week and still go to the city. I would only get about 2-3 hours of sleep a night, but I was never really too tired... but once I stopped working out, I can barely make it back home from the city at like 3A.M.

I guess I'm working out so I can have a longer/more active day. Sure, working out takes up a good 6 hours out of my week, but it also gives me the energy to stay out later and go through my day with less sleep... AND I will look good :)

At this point, I am kind of embarrassing myself with the light-weights I'm using at the gym, but hopefully within the next two weeks, I can actually use "real" weights and not look so dumb while working out. If anyone knows of any good-tasting protein shake/powder, and protein bars, please let me know... because the stuff I'm taking right now is really disgusting and I am pretty much as close as I can get to vomiting every time I eat my protein bar or drink my shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment