Friday, April 24, 2009

Gameplan


So there hasn't been much going on lately... Not much on my mind either, which is sad.

"The mind is a terrible thing to waste."

I know that quote means to actually do something with your life, like, go to school and stuff, but I currently feel like I am wasting my mind. I like to believe that I am someone that likes to talk, someone with a lot on his mind, and to have been silenced, by the mundane rituals of everyday life seems like a tragedy. I have been striped of my youthful imagination and in its place is a black and white photograph depicting the rest of my life; one long routine- til my ultimate demise.

I should really stop being that "glass is half empty" kind of guy, but is it better to just lie? To tell myself that only the opposite is true. Or is ignorance the way to go? Does ignorance really bring a blissful life? I look at Young and Sean- ignorant as any can possibly be- and at times I am jealous. Jealous of the lifestyles they live. To them the smallest things bring them joy, much like a child. The look in Young's eyes when he gets chicken and rice in the city can only be compared to a child getting a puppy for Christmas. Sean could care less about his physical appearance; it shows in the clothes he wears everyday. Now, I'm not saying I wanna all of a sudden turn into an ignorant fool, or dress like a child, I just envy their simple lives.

Remember those days where homework only took 30minutes to finish? When staying up all night was an option, not a necessity? When if your crush even looked at you he/she made your day? When going to school only meant you were going to see your friends. What about when summer vacation meant summer vacation, not more hours at work?

I definitely miss those days. But it's unfair to say that life has turned for the worst, no, not unfair, but selfish. And proclaiming a life of ignorance would be better than the life I have today, is a weak and shameful view on life. Change is inevitable. Change can most definitely be good too! Most of you that know me, know full well that I have changed a lot. I won't get into too much detail, because I've told this story way too much... but I went from that Young Kim-esque, indifferent Alex Kang, to a more well-rounded, acute, [at times] romantic Alex Kang. Like anything else in this world, there are pros and cons. I just need to come to terms with the cons and realize that the pros outweigh the cons. Living an ignorant life won't bring me joy, I'd just be lying to myself. Living a hateful life won't do it either, obviously.

You must be asking yourself now, "so what do we do?!"

What do we do? We can only prepare ourselves for the transformation ahead. Some have already come to terms with this and successfuly segued into their newly found lives. For those of us who have not done so, we have to mentally and emotionally prepare ourselves for the peregrination ahead. Accept the fact that our majors may not affect our careers later on. Accept the fact that "play-time" is near extinction. Accept the fact that it takes WORK not luck to get through this world. Once you have achieved this, then comes the joyful views of life. Life will shine and we will bask in the light of our blissful lives... so let it happen. Take the initiative: prepare yourselves for the transformation ahead, accept it, grab a seat, and enjoy the show, because it's gonna be a long one...

No comments:

Post a Comment