Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One Final Day

If you had 24 hours to live, what would you do? We have been asked this question at least once in our lives. It's an important question and it really helps us learn more about ourselves in many ways.

"What would you do if you only had 24 hours to live?" Seems simple enough, very straight forward... If I had 24 hours to live, I would tell my parents that I love them. I would thank them for everything they've done for me over the past 20 years. I would tell my friends how much they've meant to me. I would go out and watch the sunrise/sunset. I would go for a walk and just reminisce. I would donate my money to those who need it. I would play some basketball. I would have an engaging conversation about... I don't know... about Love, with a complete stranger. I would tell a stranger to live their life to the fullest and never take anything for granted.

You would say the same exact things as me. You and I are no different. We do not live the perfect life we know we should. Ideally, we all should be living a life where we thank our parents and tell them we love them. We should all live a life where we can just take a walk and take in the beautiful day we were given. We should always have the courage and curiosity to speak to strangers and share ideas. We should always help those in need, not only in our final days of life. We tend to forget that we are not promised tomorrow. So we musn't take today for granted. Take a moment out of your busy day to remember that this day was not promised to you, and it is a gift. Remember to thank those around you, and never forget; no body ever gets tired of hearing "I love you," especially your parents.

So go... go out and play! Play in the grass with your fancy suit! Let your hair down! Blow some bubbles! Play a little soccer! Write a letter to a loved one! Say 'Hello' to a complete stranger! Dance to your favorite song! Live your life!

"Life is like a carousel, so enjoy the ride and try not to puke."

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Alex. During the meetings, I have seen you many times but somehow, I think you really open up when you write. Your thoughts are beatiful and I agree with you about not wasting even a single moment of your life.

    Keep these posts coming!
    -Huma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. While some may think it's easier to write this rathe than do this. I think a mentality that helps iis fuck what other people think. Live life how you want too. Don't like the way I express myself? Too bad I'm living life, are you? Or are you living your life how you want others to perceive you.

    ReplyDelete